- Local Resources in Central Ohio
- The Sandwich Generation
- Aging in Place
- Products to Support Home Care
- Caregiver Crisis & Planning for Care
- Family Caregiver Study
- Choosing the Best Care Home Services
- Senior Care Frequently Asked Questions
- Paying for Care
- All Home Care Is Not The Same
- Legal Considerations for Seniors
- Stages of Alzheimer's Disease
- Dementia and Alzheimer's Communication
- Ways to help prevent Alzheimer's
- Understanding Parkinson's Disease
- Hospice Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Biggest Mistakes When Hiring In Home Care
- Comfort Keepers Provides Quality Care Right at Home
- In Home Care Vs. Nursing Home Facilities
- Respite Care For Family Caregivers
- Preventing Falls is Crucial to Health and Wallet
3 Mistakes People Make When Hiring An In Home Care Agency
Learn some helpful tips for making the in home care agency decision.
This is one of the most critical considerations that you can make when it comes to the care of your elderly loved one. There are a number of suspicious individuals that try to obtain positions as senior caregivers, which is why you should ensure that any care provider coming into your home, or the home of your parents, has been thoroughly screened.
Comfort Keepers of Hilliard not only runs an initial background check on our caregivers, but also monitors the caregiver’s background on a daily basis to give peace of mind! To learn more about our background check procedures click on CAREGUARD.
You need to ensure that the caregiver coming to your home has the proper training and experience to care for your parents. When you choose the professional care from our in home care agency you can feel confident that you will have a professional individual that has the proper training for your parent’s particular medical issues or limitations.
Even though Ohio is currently not a licensed state for Non-Medical Home Care, Comfort Keepers follows the most stringent policies, procedures and training required to operate in other licensed states. Visit our Comfort Keepers Advantage to learn more about what makes us different.
Always going with Lowest Priced Option
There is that saying… “sometimes you get what you pay for”. Don’t always expect to get the best service or protection from the lowest priced option!
Keep in mind, there are a number of care providers that use independent contractors for in home care, which means they may not hold the proper insurance or protection if an accident occurs in your home. You should ensure that the company that you hire provides their employees with a W2 form. You could be held responsible to pay for the payroll taxes or medical bills if the caregiver is not properly covered.
All our staff are employees of Comfort Keepers. They are not independent contractors. We take responsibility for the following so our clients are not held responsible as an employer:
- Bonding and Liability Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance
- Payment of all payroll taxes, i.e. FICA, Medicare, income, unemployment, and the like with all federal, state and local taxing authorities.
- Managing the client and caregiver relationship, including assignments, scheduling, supervision and training.
Hiring a person to care for your senior loved one can be difficult and stressful. However, when you choose the professional services of Comfort Keepers of Hilliard, OH you can have confidence that your parents will be in good, qualified hands and that their needs, no matter what they may be, are met.
We at Comfort Keepers of Hilliard, OH, an industry leading home care agency, look forward to learning more about your loved one’s unique living situation and how we can help improve his or her quality of life. To learn more about our in home caregiver services contact us or call (614) 300-1022 today!