- The Sandwich Generation
- Products to Support Home Care
- Local Resources in Central Ohio
- Caregiver Crisis & Planning for Care
- Family Caregiver Study
- Choosing the Best Care Home Services
- Senior Care Frequently Asked Questions
- Paying for Care
- All Home Care Is Not The Same
- Stages of Alzheimer's Disease
- Ways to help prevent Alzheimer's
- Understanding Parkinson's Disease
- Hospice Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Biggest Mistakes When Hiring In Home Care
- Comfort Keepers Provides Quality Care Right at Home
- In Home Care Vs. Nursing Home Facilities
- grandPad Frequently Asked Questions
- Respite Care For Family Caregivers
- Preventing Falls is Crucial to Health and Wallet
In Home Care Vs. Nursing Home
Learn key differences between in home care and care provided in a nursing home.
It is no secret that a vast majority of seniors would prefer to stay in their own home instead of living in a nursing home or assisted living facility. Even when assistance is necessary to maintain independence, the idea of leaving our home for a space that is unfamiliar and just not ours is one that we do not welcome. Comfort Keepers strives to provide comprehensive in home care that enables seniors to stay home instead.
An in-home caregiver can provide all of the services of an assisted living facility while the senior remains in the comfort of their own home. Personal care, meal preparation, and housekeeping are provided as well as companionship, safety monitoring, and mobility services. Seniors are healthy and safe in their home instead of being forced to enter an unfamiliar space surrounded by strangers. If your loved one requires daily care, in-home services are a viable option that is much more affordable than a nursing home.
Some families believe that if they cannot care for their loved one at home then a facility is their only option. Superior in home care offered by Comfort Keepers allows your family to adjust care as needed. If you need respite care for a family caregiver, we are on hand to help. If a family member can no longer meet the demands of their loved one, we are ready with highly trained caregivers.
Whatever your loved one’s needs, Comfort Keepers in home care will care for your loved one in the friendly surroundings of their own home instead of costly alternatives.